Pre-inspection preparation: If you have the luxury of a day to prepare for the inspection.Call your BMP contractor and stormwater inspection company asap for assistance and guidance.
- Clean up any trackout from site exits. Dirt tracked onto adjacent streets is highly visible and an indication of poor maintenance habits.
- Review perimeter controls like silt fence or wattles. Repair any damage and remove accumulated trash.
- Check your concrete washout station. Ensure that there are no concrete spills outside of the designated area.
- Pick up loose trash and debris. This may seem minor to you, but is often found on state NOVs.
- Review existing inspection reports, check for proper signatures and dates.
- Review Stormwater Management Plan, especially the site map. Ensure that it reflects current BMP usage.